Whether you have a large business or a small one such as doing web design from home, sustainability is important. Not only does it help save the earth’s resources, it usually helps the bottom line of your business as well. Even if you can only implement one or two sustainable practices it all helps; if every business did the same the earth would soon become pristine again.
There are many green practices that can be implemented by small and large businesses alike. Here are some of them.
- Use natural light and ventilation wherever possible.
- Pop on a jumper before switching on the heater or air conditioner.
- Using an air-con takes less power than a radiant heater – so long as it’s a modern one
- Use scrap paper for note-taking. This is easier when you have a box or tray especially for waste paper. You might print out something you don’t need now or that had an error. Keep those sheets to use for scrap. You can write notes on the back of them
- When printing, use greyscale or toner save mode for in-house copy. Make sure recycled paper does not contain sensitive information.